This has been a long time coming. Logan, from With Great Expectations nominated me more than two weeks ago in a Q&A , but I hadn’t had time yet to reply until now. Sorry for the wait, Logan.
* Copy the 10 questions and give your own answers in a post on your blog. Try to do the post within 2 weeks of getting tagged.
* Tag 3 other bloggers to answer the questions. Link to their blog and be sure to comment on their blog to let them know that they have been tagged.
* In your “getting to know you” blog post, link back to the blogger who tagged you.
* Use the “getting to know you” logo in your post. You have Jessi’s permission to use!
1. When did you first start blogging?
I created my very first blog in 2007 for family and friends. It covered all my adventures of my two month backpacking trip Down Under. In 2010, I created a follow-up blog about my experiences of studying in Australia as an international student. LifeBubblesBlog is the first blog I’ve written in English which I started in November 2014.
2. What inspires you to keep blogging?
My love for the written word and writing. I absolutley love writing as it’s a way of expressing myself instead of keeping everything inside. With this blog, I’ve also discovered a lovely community of bloggers and reading their words of wisdom in the comments keeps me motivated to go on.
3. How would you describe your personal style?
I’m not that much into fashion, so I’d probably describe it as ‘casual’. In summer, I like to wear maxi skirts or dresses; in winter, I’ll wear jeans with a shirt/sweater and scarf. Sometimes I also love wearing leggings with a short dress or long top. Nothing too fancy.
4. What colour describes your personality?
Tricky question… I’m going with blue and purple. Blue because, most of the time, I am a calm and introvert woman who loves the ocean. On the other hand, I can have moments where I’m everything but calm and seem to have way too much energy to spare – hence, purple.
5. When you listen to music – what is your go-to?
Lately, I’m listening a lot to worshipping songs. They are so uplifting. Other types of music I listen to are: dance, instrumental, electronical.
6. What is the one food you cannot live without?
I probably shouldn’t say this but… chocolate. Maybe it’s because I’m Belgian? Haha!
7. If you had a $1,000 shopping spree to use in your favourite store, where would it be?
A book shop! I know, it’s a lot of money to spend on books, but I love books. If I’d be expecting right now, I’d spend it at a baby furniture shop.
8. When you were a kid, what were you convinced would be your career?
I always said I wanted to be either a nurse or a secretary. I went to nursing college for 2 years (re-doing the first year), but it turned out I was not really made to become a nurse. A few years later, I actually worked as a secretary for 5 years until I got sick of it. I’m now a graphic designer and writer/editor.
9. What chore is your least favourite?
Ironing. And guess what? While backpacking throughout Australia, I learned barely anybody here irons their clothing. Maybe a bad habit, but our clothes are folded without ironing – unless they’re nice shirts of course.
10. Do you have any vacations planned for the year or have you already taken one?
We are going to Byron Bay for a long weekend at the end of March, and in October we’ll be travelling to the Whitsundays with my Belgian best friend who’s coming for a visit. Yay!
So, these were my answers. Thank you, Logan for tagging me!
The first blog I tag is ‘Amateur Nester ‘. I only recently discovered Lisa’s blog and absolutely love it. She has several interviews with ttc-sisters on her blog, and is currently undergoing her 3rd IVF cycle. If you’re in a similar situation, I definitely recommend reading her encouraging blog.
The second blog I’m tagging I discovered when joining her link party. Susannah’s blog ‘Simple Moments Stick ‘ is a lifestyle blog and I particularly enjoyed reading her pregnancy and birth story.
And last but not least, I tag ‘Not Just a Beauty Blogger ‘. I literally just discovered her blog through Lisa’s interview with her. Nikol has both a blog and a vlog covering her infertility journey in which she’s currently preparing for IVF #2. I love that she’s able to combine the seriousness and challenges of infertility with fun and relaxing beauty/fashion tips.