Facebook keeps on developing and this time it has prepared some interesting innovation –Timeline for brand pages. Though this novelty will go live on March 30, every one can now preview the new look and estimate the changes before this update takes effect.
In order not to stumble upon different kind of surprises while using Timeline after its official start-up you need to prepare your brand. It is crucial to understand the mechanism of work and not to throw away everything that you already know about brand pages running. So here are some effective tips for you right now:
1. Stick to your own social media plan. The layout of your brand page will look different after Timeline introduction but Facebook still remains a strong communication tool by purpose. Your main goal is to create and support two-way communication with your clients so if you have already developed some social media plan you must stick to it anyway. Timeline promises to make pages more aesthetically attractive but it doesn’t mean that you can relax and count only on customers’ impression from a new visual image of your brand page. You must continue working on your page promotion so don’t stop and don’t think that Timeline introduction can influence your marketing strategy.
2. Prepare an image for Timeline There is one great feature that new Timeline will possess – a large image that is to be featured at the top of your brand page. Facebook has granted a lot of space for this particular image so you must use it in a smart way to turn into another page benefit. This is a perfect way to show something really powerful and catchy. You are able to change the image when necessary but in every case it must be attractive and make your visitors like your page from the first sight. You are free to choose any picture but you have enough time to prepare something winning and effective.
3. Go through your brand history Timeline gives an excellent opportunity for every business to share more historical facts about the brand. As you will be able to tell about your company history choose the most important dates, such as the day of foundation, moving to new location or introducing new services. Show how your company developed in the course of time. Customers appreciate when business uses a kind of a personal touch and are likely to know more about your company to understand it better. So you must use the chance and tell a friendly story about your brand, let your clients know how it started and how turned into the present situation, describe the main steps of your successful career.
4. Do some cleaning Timeline and spring-time make up a perfect opportunity for cleaning your Facebook brand page and evaluate the people that are involved in working on it. Take a look at the list of your page admins – do you really need all of them or not? Refresh your page updating the information, spice up by adding multimedia content and change the location data if necessary. Timeline will also provide a map feature so you must make sure that your company location is right and people will find you easily.
5. Don’t be afraid of the changes You don’t have to interpret Timeline start-up as an effort to force you to make some considerable changes suddenly and quickly. You have time till March 30 to get used to this changes introduction and prepare for switching from your brand profile to Timeline. So there is quite enough time to adjust your business page and meet the changes with no worry. Your fans will visit the page, your regular customers will appreciate your work and you still need to attract potential clients. Everything reminds the same except your brand page visual image which promises to be more stunning and eye-catching. Don’t be afraid of these changes and think over an effective strategy that will help you use Timeline features for your benefits!