Jesus Speaks for the Marginalized – Inclusion of Latinx Writers at the Texas Teen Book Festival, 2016

community Faith Writing

Friends, Thanks for stopping by today. Do you have your soy chai tea latte ready to go? I do. Come on over and visit me at The Mudroom Blog. After the Texas Teen Book Festival

We Will Be Held Accountable for Our Poor

community Faith Solitude Strength

2015 My (then) fiance and I sat elbow to elbow in a booth at a local eatery called The Pig Stand – the type of eatery where your legs get stuck to the booth when

#FiveMinuteFriday: Team

community Faith Strength Waiting

I’m joining #FiveMinuteFriday over at Kate Motaung’s place. The word prompt is TEAM. Below is five minutes of free flowing writing. The forward slashes indicate where the timer started and ended. Go! //How do we achieve

When You Don’t Quite Fit In: Eradicating The Fear of “Other”

community Faith Grace

It’s often hard for me to fit into circles because I’m not brave enough, Latina enough, writerly enough, motherly enough, socially conscious enough, and sometimes not Christian enough. What? Is there such a thing as

There Are Questions No Human Person Can Ever Answer and That Has to Be Okay

community Faith

Why is God letting this happen? Where is God right now? We hear the questions loud and clear because more often than not, we’re the ones who utter them. And if we’re not asking them,

#FiveMinuteFriday: Build

community Faith Poetry Solitude Strength

I’m joining #FiveMinuteFriday over at Kate Motaung’s place. The five-minute free write word is BUILD.  Here is what I’ve written with no edits, no corrections, etc. This is five minutes of free flowing natural writing.

He Is Also There, A Poem

community Faith Grace Poetry Strength

2015 Just as I remember God on days The sun breaks free from the sky, He reminds me that He is also In the war-torn lullaby; just as I Remember God on days with parched

Breaking Light: Going Back Home

community Faith Family Grace

Hi Friends, Glad you made it today. Thank you. I had the wonderful pleasure of being interviewed by Anna Smit of Joy of The Spirit Within along with Wendy who have teamed up to create a

#PrayforOrlando

community Faith Family Prayer Strength

I have been on short hiatus for travel, recovering from morning sickness, and celebrating my one year anniversary to my wonderful and loving husband. Every time I want to jump back on, I feel the

Expressing Love Through Language Barriers

community Faith Grace

We don’t have to speak someone’s language to express our love. Often, words are the barrier. This morning, I arrived at work to encounter an elderly woman lost and upset in the parking lot, the wind