Book Review & Giveaway: Reclaiming Hope by Michael Wear

Book Review community Faith social justice

That faith could be reimagined in America as part of the solution rather than part of the problem, is something I feel a deep desire to understand given our current president and his administration. This is what Michael Wear seeks to inform his readers of in Reclaiming Hope: Lessons Learned in the Obama White House About the Future of Faith in America.

When Poverty Doesn’t Look Like We Expected: A Call to Love

community Faith

People patiently waited along the wall of the church. Each would receive a box of food donated by the community. The well-dressed gentleman waited his turn. His boots shined and polished, glistened in the sun.

Passion Reactions: Wrestling With Your Call & 3 Ways to Remain Humble

community Faith Grace Prayer Solitude Strength Waiting Writing

We need to get to the place where we can walk uncharted waters without the voice in our heads spreading doubt and confusion.

#FiveMinuteFriday: CONTROL (a poem)

community Faith Family Grace Strength

I’m joining #FiveMinuteFriday over at Kate Motaung’s place. The word prompt is CONTROL.  Below is five minutes of free flow writing. The forward slashes (//) indicate where the timer started and ended. Your turn! Join us at Kate’s

Joy is Feeling Welcome No Matter Your Circumstance

community Faith

September, 2015 We walked along the track at our neighborhood high school – Harlandale High. Training for a half marathon comes with much dedication.* The evening was warm because a September in south Texas are

Waiting Makes Us Lazy Christians

community Faith Strength Waiting

//It would be easier to tune out from the world. I’m always tempted. Social media is flooded with hateful rhetoric. I dare say, absent of productive and forward-thinking conversations. We tune out and focus on what’s