31 Days of Writing Prompts for July 2017

community Faith Writing

I put together a list of word prompts to get your cylinders firing for the month of July. Start a bullet journal, grab some index cards, or memorize some simple poetry lines. Whatever your brew of preference, stay faithful to the sip. Rock out your summer and challenge yourself to more than simple interpretation.

#FiveMinuteFriday: Blessing (a poem)

community Family Poetry

Reconciled to my maker in all things new
on this side of heaven until the roots
expose this tree trunk of a woman
branches adorned with last names
changed when the tongue refused to roll

Find Purpose as a Writer and Start a Writers Group

community Friendships Writing

If you don’t know what you’re doing then neither does your reader. Joining a writers group just to eat MariaElena’s amazing batch of guacamole does not a writer make. Unless you’re inspired by guac. In which case, carry on.

#FiveMinuteFriday: Steady (a poem)

community Faith Friendships Grace Poetry Prayer

//If I take this leap of faith will my feet still walk steady? Will my mouth quake with words ready for thanks and giving or collapse on faithless ground again? Today, I walked up these

An Invitation to Coffee and the Value in Shared Space

community Writing

I order the same brew from my local coffee shop on the daily. The only time I change it up is when my teenage daughter is with me and I want to impress her with

Book Review: One by Deidra Riggs

Book Review community Marginalized social justice

The dialogue must ensue and One is a great conversation starter. It serves as a complimentary piece to many available resources regarding the history of racism and systemic oppression inherent in the founding of our nation.