Day 13: Finding Hope in Unmet Expectations – Invite

community Faith Family Friendships Grace

This is an invitation to plant life, a wild seed, in healthy soil. Where are you scattering joy? Where are you tilling hope? I started a garden last year. With high hopes and focused expectations,

Day 5: Finding Hope in Unmet Expectations – Trust

community Faith Family Friendships Grace Latinx Strength

I’m used to being let down. I’m used to looking at myself through the lens of other women, instead of resting in the promise that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. When I look at another woman, I must know and feel, that she too is fearfully and wonderfully made.

Book Review: Craving Connection by (in)courage, Edited by Crystal Stine

Book Review community Faith Friendships

I recommend this book to anyone craving a deeper connection to our disconnected world. These 30 stories will challenge us to turn off the TV and serve with our whole heart.

Book Review & Giveaway: The Way of Hope by Melissa Fisher

Book Review community Faith Grace Marginalized

The Way of Hope: A Fresh Perspective on Sexual Identity, Same-Sex Marriage, and the Church written by Melissa Fisher was published by Baker Books. I chose this book for review and was given a free

Book Review & Giveaway: The Simplest Way To Change the World by Dustin Willis & Brandon Clements

Book Review community Faith Family Friendships Grace

he book assumes every broken person walking into our home needs to be fixed, saved, or converted. I feel hospitality is what we pay to live on this earth. And it’s service to anyone where I am merely the hands and feet of Jesus and nothing more. Overall impression: Liked it.